Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

A Message

I have a message to today's young women... 


Life is not a race, slow down and enjoy your childhood. 


It's upsetting to see young girls, in such a rush to grow up. 
When I was 10, we still played Barbies and dress up... 
The only make up we wore was during an afternoon of pretend and fun. 
We were little girls with big hopes and dreams.
Today's young ladies have lost sight of their youth. 
... In a rush to be an adult... 
Let me tell you my dear girls,  being an adult is not fun or glamorous. 
Its a hard slap of reality straight to the face, 
to go back and be carefree just one more time...

Facebook has become a stage to out due each other. 
Who can look older, more provocative.
13year olds don't need hair extensions, fake nails or full face make up... 
And please don't get me started on the piercing trend sweeping the preteen nation. 
13 year olds need to write in diaries and sneak lip gloss to school.
 As a mother to 3 beautiful daughters, today's "normal" young ladies scare me...
Since when is cleavage shots and push up bras the norm?! Since when was dress up and pretend replaced by Facebook and  photoshop?



So I say this:

To all the young beautiful ladies who might be reading this: 
You are loved, for the innocent, beautiful young woman you are. 
Slow down and enjoy what is left of your childhood. 
Facebook, makeup and Victoria Secret can wait ... 
Enjoy being a girl, adulthood will be here soon enough, you will be wishing for a chance to have a taste of your childhood back...Now is the time to make mistakes and be silly. Slumber parties and carefree summers. Soon I promise, as blossom from a girl, to a woman there will be lots of chances to wear makeup, 
but now don't hide your beauty away under layers of cover-up, mascara and eye liner... 
To be beautiful does not mean, to have your make up and hair done. Beauty comes from the inside and you are beautiful 



To all of my fellow mothers: Together, we can stop this epidemic. 
To the ones allowing this behavior: 
stop being a friend and be a Mom... 
Say no, one day she will thank you for it! 
Together, we  can remind our girls life will wait, and they will have the chance to experiment with makeup, hairstyles and fake nails 
but at tender age of 10, this is not the time. 
Their beauty should not be covered by the layers of make up 
or shown off by provocative clothing... 
Their beauty should be protected by us, their innocence guarded. 
Now is the time to teach them beauty is not measured by makeup and clothing, 
but by the way a woman holds herself. 
Pride and confidence far outweighs hair extensions and fake nails. 



To my daughters: I  will preserve your youth, I will guard your modesty, 
I will teach you make up, push up bras, 
and low cut shirts will not make you older or wiser.  
I will protect your childhood, from being stolen... 
I will teach you to be strong in your convictions.
Be strong and follow not what's "cool" but what's in your heart.... 
I will allow you to be silly and make mistakes, now is the time for learning and will be there to pick you up, should you stumble and fall



Life is hard enough when you turn 18, and all these young girls in such a hurry to get there, They don't see they have past up the best, carefree years of their youth. 
The world is a scary place, with judgments from every direction... 
I wish I could wrap my arms around each one of these girls,  
and tell them they are beautiful, smart and amazing... 
To remind them now is the time to make mistakes, now is the time to be playful, now is the time to be a young girl... 
Life is short, but childhood is even shorter... 
And it needs to be cherished.... 





Ps: This is not the original post. 
I save all writing but at time of posting add in some new ideas. 
So this one may look different from first post. 

1 comment: